The chicken in this dish can be grilled or broiled.
The cumin-and-coriander rub in this grilled chicken thigh recipe pairs deliciously with a minty cucumber salad. Chicken thighs can vary widely in size. Ask your butcher to hand-select four large thighs for this recipe. If you can only find small chicken thighs, cook two per person and reduce the grill time slightly. If you have to grind spices, use a Stainless Steel Salt and Pepper Mill.
GRILLED CHICKEN THIGHS WITH CUCUMBER-MINT SALAD
Active Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 cups diced seeded English cucumber (about 1 large)
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 1 1/4 pounds), trimmed
1. Preheat grill to medium-high.
2. Combine cucumber, mint, onion, 2 tablespoons oil, vinegar and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
3. Mash garlic and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt in a small bowl until it becomes a paste. Stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, the coriander and cumin. Rub the mixture on both sides of each chicken thigh.
4. Grill the chicken thighs until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 165 F, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Serve the chicken with the cucumber salad.
- To make this recipe using the broiler, preheat broiler to high. Coat a broiler pan with cooking spray and place the seasoned chicken thighs on it.
- Broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat source until no longer pink in the middle, 5 to 6 minutes per side.
Get your Stainless Steel Salt and Pepper Mill Here