Yoga is essentially a spiritual discipline based on an extremely subtle science, which focuses on bringing harmony between mind and body. It is an art and science of healthy living. The word 'Yoga' is derived from the Sanskrit root 'Yuj', meaning 'to join' or 'to yoke' or 'to unite'.
Yoga is an ancient system of physical and mental practices that originated during the Indus Valley civilization in South Asia. The fundamental purpose of yoga is to foster harmony in the body, mind, and environment. Yoga professes a complete system of physical, mental, social, and spiritual development.
What are the benefits of practicing yoga?
- Yoga increases your flexibility
- Yoga helps you to build strength
- Yoga improves your posture
- Yoga helps to keep your joints healthy
- Yoga is a powerful mindfulness practice
- Yoga reduces stress
- Yoga lowers blood pressure
- Yoga helps you to make healthier life choices.
- Yoga improves breathing
- Yoga encourages your body's natural healing process
During exercise such as yoga, blood flow increases to the muscles bringing oxygen and essential nutrients to the active tissues. ... Over time, with regular stretching, the muscles become more flexible. Extensible muscles are far less susceptible to damage in the future, and put less strain on the body's joints.
Get Your Yoga Mat With Carrying Bag Here